Studi e servizi di ingegneria dei trasporti
Sintra opera dal 1992 prevalentemente nel settore dell’Analisi e della Progettazione dei Sistemi di Trasporto, con particolare attenzione sia agli aspetti territoriali che a quelli socio-economici e della sicurezza.
I principali servizi:
• studi di fattibilità tecnico-economica di sistemi di trasporto;
• progettazione e realizzazione di Sistemi di Supporto alle Decisioni di Pianificazione Strategica ed Operativa;
• progettazione di indagini sulla domanda di mobilità e sul traffico, specificazione e calibrazione di modelli di domanda passeggeri e merci, costruzione di modelli di simulazione dei sistemi di trasporto passeggeri e merci a diverse scale territoriali;
• progettazione di infrastrutture di trasporto
• redazione di Piani Urbani del Traffico, di Piani della Sicurezza Stradale e di Piani di Trasporto alle diverse scale territoriali
• corsi di formazione, ricerca sia pura che applicata nel campo dei trasporti.
SINTRA (Transportation Systems Engineering) Srl was established in Naples (Italy) in 1992, is an ISO 9001:2008 certificated company and mainly operates in the sectors of analysis and design of transportation systems, with particular attention to both environmental and territorial aspects as well as to the socio-economic and safety impacts of transport investments.
Main services provided by SINTRA are:
- Planning, design and construction supervision of transport infrastructures;
- Feasibility studies of transport systems;
- Traffic Plans, Road Safety Audit, Mobility Plans and Transport Planning to different spatial scales;
- Surveys on mobility and traffic;
- Environmental analysis;
- Economic and financial analysis;
- Design and implementation of Decision Support Systems (DSS) for strategic planning and operations;
- Simulation models of passenger and freight transport systems;
- Training courses on transport theoretical and applied research.
The following list presents the major professional involvement carried out by the Company in the areas of transport planning, feasibility studies, infrastracture design, traffic analysis and forecasting, transport modelling and DSS development:
- Feasibility studies or projects of:
- railway lines “ High capacity line Rome – Naples – Bari”, “ Benevento – Naples”,” Salerno – Avellino – Benevento”, Connection to Naples Grazzanise Airport, railway stations Vesuvio Est, Nola, Marcianise;
- underground lines in Genoa, Brescia, Messina and Naples, underground stations Chiaia, Montesanto, Mugnano, Melito, Aversa, Teverola;
- regional railway networks in Veneto, Puglia and Campania
- interchange nodes of Naples Central Station, Piscinola; Pozzuoli Harbour Interchange Node;
- Campania Airport System and Napoli Grazzanise Airport; Avellino Bus Terminal;
- tramway networks in Naples, tramway line Marano – Naples;
- Highways “ Rome – Naples Tirrenico Sud”, Benevento – Caserta, Lioni – Grottaminarda, SS 7 Domitiana, SS 372 Telesina;
- Road network of AFSOUTH at Lago Patria (CE);
- Survey and traffic studies in the metropolitan areas of Rome, Genoa and Naples;
- General Urban Traffic Plan (PGTU) for the Municipalities of Pompei, Ercolano, Aversa, Arzano, Caivano, Eboli;
- Mobility Plan of the Municipalities of Campobasso and Pozzuoli;
- Traffic forecasting studies of the Messina Bridge, of the Grazzanise Airport (Naples), of the A3 Italian Highway “Napoli-Pompei-Salerno”, of the High Capacity Railway “Napoli-Bari”, of the High Speed Railway “Milano–Napoli”, of the Regional Railways System of the Veneto and Campania Regions;
- EU project AIUTO “Model and methodologies for the Assessment of Innovative Urban Transport system and policies Options”;
- EU project TRACE “Cost of private road travel and their effects on demand”;
- EU project EXPEDITE “Expert system based prediction of Demand for International Transport in Europe”;
- SAVEF (System of Analysis and Evaluation of Italian Railway Network), a DSS for marketing railways, developed for the Italian National Railways (Ferrovie dello Stato).
In order to perform consulting and design, the company employs a team of high quality professionals coordinated by AGOSTINO NUZZOLO, SINTRA Managing Director, transport engineer and full professor of Transport Planning at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”. He is the author of several books, including “Mobility policies and the quality of urban areas” and of more than one hundred papers published in International journals and proceedings. He has been consultant for the Italian Ministry of Transport for several transportation projects such as the National Masterplan of Transport and Logistics, and has been involved in several urban mobility plans such as the Transport plans of Rome and Naples. Between 2008 and 2011 he holds the political role as Alderman for Mobility of the Municipality of Naples;